
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective

The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus began construction in 1912 on the high ba...
The Seamstresses’ Palace of Culture from the “Red Dawn” sewing factory was built in 1936 according ...

One of the most beautiful buildings in Tashkent is the 23-story Chorsu Hotel, built in 1982 and des...
The building of the National Centre of Archaeology (previously known as the Institute of Oriental M...