Official website of the Yakkasaroy District Administration
Font size:
Color scheme:
Images:
Architecture Faculty
Architecture Faculty

Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.

In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the Polytechnic Institute was located here.

Many call this building the “Architecture Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.

Later, the Architecture Faculty of the Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction Institute and moved to another building.

Currently, the National Center for Human Rights of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.

The building has been reconstructed, with window frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

Also interesting places
“Zarafshan” — the Most Popular Restaurant
“Zarafshan” — the Most Popular Restaurant

The “Zarafshan” restaurant was built in 1974 and immediately became one of the most popular spots a...

The Nine-Story Building on Sapyornaya Square
The Nine-Story Building on Sapyornaya Square

This was the first (or one of the very first) nine-story building in Tashkent. At the time, it caus...

Yaushev Brothers Trading House
Yaushev Brothers Trading House

The Yaushev brothers, merchants from a Tatar princely family, built a trading house in 1911 based o...

Yunus Khan Mausoleum
Yunus Khan Mausoleum

Yunus Khan of Moghulistan (1415-1487) was a gifted man and influential politician. He ruled over Ta...