
An unusual cylindrical building for Tashkent, constructed in 1988, visually "holds" the intersection of Yakub Kolos and Amir Temur streets.
The architects of the
12-story tower are S. Paramoshkina, G. Alexandrovich, and E. Momotov; the
engineers are A. Kan and Yu. Kalinin.
The top of the building is
decorated with crenellated shields and somewhat resembles medieval towers.
The building is faced with
yellow tiles and therefore received the popular nickname "kukuruzina"
(corn cob).
The building was
constructed for the computing center of the Railway Administration, but
computing equipment became dozens of times more compact over a couple of decades,
so other departments of the Railway Administration are also housed in the
building.

The “Zarafshan” restaurant was built in 1974 and immediately became one of the most popular spots a...

The white, modest yet highly expressive building of the college was constructed in 1984 on a hill b...

In 1870, the military leadership of Tashkent decided to build an observatory. In 1872, a suitable ...
All Tashkent residents notice the French Embassy building located at the corner of Yahyo Gulomov an...