
The beautiful building at the very beginning of Mustaqillik Avenue (formerly Pushkin Street) was built in 1940 according to the design of architects V. Volchek and B. Larionov. The building’s appearance corresponds to the classic Stalinist style — columns, molded capital decorations, window framing, and obelisks with lanterns at the entrance.
The building was constructed by the
“Uzbekvino” trust (because it had the funds for construction) for the city
committee of the Communist Party of the Uzbek SSR, but for a long time, it
housed the Writers’ Union of Uzbekistan. The editorial office of the popular
children’s newspaper “Pioner Vostoka” was also located on the first floor.
In the 1990s–2000s, the building hosted
offices of Daewoo Unitel and Daewoo Bank.
Later, the cultural heritage object stood
abandoned for several years, showing signs of deterioration. In the fall of
2025, reconstruction of the building began.
The Academy of Sciences building on Yahya Gulamov Street (formerly Gogol) involuntarily draws atten...
The “Friendship of Peoples” museum building was constructed in 1976 to mark the tenth anniversary o...

The residential building on the former Pushkin Street was built in 1931 according to the design of ...
The “Bahor” restaurant is one of Tashkent’s first banquet halls, built in 1958 according to the des...