This was the first (or one of the very first) nine-story building in Tashkent. At the time, it caused amazement, and residents came with interest to admire it. The house was handed over to residents in August 1966, and many Tashkent citizens came to see how the structure had withstood the earthquake.
The building itself was
unusual: architects G. Aleksandrovich and S. Berkovich were the first to design
and build a single-section tower with 48 apartments. The house was equipped
with an elevator, garbage chute, and air heating combined with an
air-conditioning system.
The apartments opened
outward with large open loggias, but now almost all of them are haphazardly
glazed and hung with air conditioners, giving the building a colorful,
heterogeneous appearance.
For many years, the
ground floor housed the Central Airline Ticket Office. Together with the former
“Russia” Hotel, they served as the main landmark of Sapyornaya Square.

The Kukeldash Madrasah is located on a hill in Chorsu Square and looks majestic even despite its cl...

In 1894, the first real school was opened in Tashkent. These schools were called "real" because, un...

The white, modest yet highly expressive building of the college was constructed in 1984 on a hill b...
The Senate building on Islam Karimov Street (formerly Uzbekistan Street) was constructed in the ear...